Monday, May 1, 2017

May Color Challenge

I am so excited it is May!  The weather is getting warmer, the days are getting longer, the new annual catalog for Stampin' Up is closer to getting released.  So many exciting things.  We are starting off the month of May with a fun color challenge with a retiring in color unexpectedly combined with a color from our Brights collection.  Check it out:


I knew I wanted to use the Happy Celebrations stamp set since I bought it awhile ago but hadn't gotten any ink on it yet.  Here is my card:


I love the brightness of the Pacific Point paired with the richness of Delightful Dijon.  I used the Celebrations Duo Embossing Folder and stamped over it with the fun "smudge" stamp.  I also stamped the rest of my sentiment right on the DSP because there is no rule saying you can't!  That is one of the things I love about crafting...there aren't any rules!  I knew it needed something else, so I added a balloon with some baker's twine twirled up.  This card was definitely quick and easy.

I hope you will take part in our weekly challenge.  Head over to SSI for more cards to INKspire you and upload your creation!  

No comments:

Post a Comment