Monday, April 3, 2017

April Color Challenge

I love creating handmade cards, but I have to admit, I am not always great about sending them.  This month, I am making a pledge to send/give a card a day.  I have so many stockpiled from creating for my blog, so it really shouldn't be hard.  Plus I think a hand-stamped card would brighten anyone's day!  The first card I sent out was the one I made for today's color challenge over at SSI.  Check it out:

  

I treated myself to some high ticket goodies over Sale-A-Bration and so I am just getting to using some of them.  I grabbed the new Flourishing Phrases stamp set for this card:


I did a gate fold card.  I grabbed some of the Daffodil Delight floral paper from the Brights Designer Series Paper Stack for one side and a piece of Cucumber Crush embossed with the Petal Burst folder for the other.  I stamped the big flower in Daffodil Delight and fussy cut it.   Then I layered it over some stamped leaves and then matted that on some Chocolate Chip.  Of course the flower needed a rhinestone.  I stamped the sentiment in Chocolate Chip as well.  Here is a peek at the inside:  


I took the large flourish and stamped it off twice to give a very light appearance.  I added some of the floral washi tape in Cucumber Crush from the Affectionately Yours Designer Washi Tape.  Of course I made a custom made envelope as well:    


This card came together super quick and it was so easy.  I love the bright colors.  I am looking forward to hearing what the recipient thought of it!  I am also looking forward to seeing what you can create with these three colors.  Head over to SSI and upload your project today!


2 comments: