Friday, April 7, 2017

A Fabulous Flower and Friend!

Today's card started off completely different than how it ended up.  I was going to do a sketch challenge but wound up doing my own thing with a few of my favorite new goodies.  Somehow I am late to the party with the whole Succulent Garden DSP.  It is beautiful and it uses some of my favorite (and retiring) in-colors.  Here is my card:


This is a square card, not something I usually make.  The base is Tip Top Taupe with a sheet of the Succulent Garden DSP layered on top then a piece of Mint Macaron embossed on top of that.  Can we take a second to talk about this embossing folder, Petal Burst.  How perfect is this with all of Stampin' Up's flowers?  Speaking of flowers I decided to die cut the flower from the Sunshine Wishes Thinlets, the top part in Sweet Sugarplum, the bottom also in Mint Macaron.  I stamped and die cut the banner from the Banners For You Bundle.  During Sale-A-Bration I really stocked up on those bundles that had been on my radar and I am so excited to have so many brand new toys!  I finished the card off with a Sweet Sugarplum bow on my flower stem.  I also made a coordinating envelope with the 2015-2017 In Color Envelope Paper:


Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Head over to SSI to how some of the other Designers are using our embossing folders and which ones are their favorites!  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment