Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Happy Scrappy Wednesday


Happy Hump Day to you!  This week is going by pretty quickly.  Today I have a fun card to share with you that I made strictly pulling scraps out from my scrap bin.  We all have them.  Now I have gotten better about keeping the teeny tiny pieces.  I now will get rid of the little pieces, except maybe the glimmer paper and the foil, I can always use up every pieces of that.  In creating just from the scrap bin, I stumbled upon a fun color combo; Flirty Flamingo, Peekaboo Peach and Pool Party.  It pretty much sound like a trip to Florida, ha ha!  Here is my card:


I had just bought this stamp set for the fun sentiments and great shapes so I was excited to see an opportunity to use it.  I knew I wanted to do a lot of layering, but I did cut the Pool Party heart from the inside layer.  No need to make more scraps, right?  I hadn't used that Brick Wall embossing folder in awhile, so I incorporated that!  I had that little bit of Flirty Flamingo envelope paper from a previous project and I knew it would be just enough.  Even though I had them for awhile, this might have been the first time I used the Sweet and Sassy Framelits.  They are so fun, I love how they layer so perfectly.  I knew I needed a little sparkly and I had a small piece of the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper in my scrap bin which had just enough space for two Bitty Butterflies.   

This was a fun test, but honestly, I need to do it more often because I really do have a lot of scraps!  For more ideas how to use up all those odds and ends, head back to SSI.  



No comments:

Post a Comment