Wednesday, February 1, 2017

A Paper Rose

With Valentine's Day fast approaching I wanted to find a little special way to tell my children's teachers how special they are.  Both my kids are blessed with wonderful teachers, and I try not to let a holiday get past without telling them.  I did a little digging on the internet and found this very cool little origami rose box and knew it would be a perfect home for these Strawberry Truffles I bought:


It would be silly for me to explain how I did this, instead I will share the wonderful tutorial I used to create it.  I will share my list of Stampin' Up! supplies as well as some tips.  I tried using card stock and DSP but I found that the best Stampin' Up! paper was the envelope paper.  It folds easiest and was a color match (I used the Flirty Flamingo).  I used a 5" by 5" pieceof paper.  After following the indepth instructions I sponged the edges of the rose and then added a bit of the clear Wink of Stella glitter.  I added some Emerald Envy ribbon as leaves and glued it on with a hot glue gun.  The Love You sentiment comes from Scenic Saying stamp set from the Annual Catalog.  

For more 3-D Valentine's Day projects, head back over to SSI.  Thanks for stopping by today!



No comments:

Post a Comment