Monday, January 9, 2017

January Card Sketch

I love a good card sketch.  It gives me a chance to create a project with a little head start.  And we have a great one from Diana this month over at SSI.  Check it out:


I decided to break out the Cupcakes and Carousels DSP along with the Carousel Birthday stamp set for this card.  Here is my creation:


I started with a Peekaboo Peach card base and added the carousel horse paper with hints of Calypso Coral, Peekaboo Peach and Early Espresso.  I used my Layering Circles framelits to cut the burst patterned paper in the same colors.  For my banner I cut some Copper Foil and embossed with the with Festive Embossing Folder.  If you haven't tried embossing the Foil Sheet, you need to!  It really adds a wow factor!  I layered my sentiment onto some more Peekaboo Peach and then added a Calypso Coral flower with a Classy Designer Button.  Here is the inside: 


I couldn't decide what color to stamp the horse on the inside so I made my own ink pad with a baby wipe and some re-inkers and used all the colors!  Such a fun and easy technique and I like how it looks like the DSP on the front.

  I have a complete supply list below.  Head back to SSI for more projects using this card sketch and take some time to yourself this week to create one and upload it!  

1 comment: