Wednesday, January 18, 2017

CASE the Occasions Catalog - Swan Lake

Now the fabulous Occasions Catalog has been live for a few days now, you have had lots of time to pour over all the fabulous new products.  But have you really looked at all the amazing samples?  Aside from great products, Stampin' Up! has given us tons of inspiration in these catalogs.  The projects in there are super CASE-worthy (Copy And Share Everything)!  When you are CASEing you don't have to replicate a product...sometimes you just use the same colors or layout or technique.  
Today at SSI we are CASEing from the Occasions catalog.  Here is a picture of the sample I am CASEing first, it can be found on page 53 of the Occasions Catalog:


I received the Swan Lake stamp set at a Stampin' Up! I attended.  I was happy to win it since it was something I probably would not have bought myself.  I love so many things that they did with the little mini-treat bag so I decided to turn that into a card:


I took some Shimmery White and stamped the swan and the the other images with the Basic Black Archival Ink.  Then I grabbed my blender pens and watercolored.  I really liked the Pool Party with the Sweet Sugarplum in the catalog sample and added a Wild Wasabi card base.  I also loved the simple bow by the sentiment in the sample so I made sure to have one as well.  As you can see I didn't recreate the card in the catalog, but I definitely used it as a springboard to create my own card.  

Want to see more CASE'd cards from Occasions Catalog?  Head over to SSI!



No comments:

Post a Comment