Friday, December 2, 2016

A Tree-mendous Color Combo

There are some amazing stamp sets in the Holiday Catalog, but there are also a few awesome ones in the Annual Catalog.  I decided to give on older stamp a little bit of love, the Perfect Pines stamp set.  I got the bundle last year, it was one of the first things I ordered from the Holiday Catalog.  And in making this card, I stumbled onto a pretty color combo.  Check it out:


I love the look of the Emerald Envy and Very vanilla with the hints of copper.  This was definitely a little bit more of a complicated card.  Between dry embossing the background (don't forget about this fabulous embossing folder in the Annual Catalog), heat embossing the tree in copper, and die cutting all the trees and labels, and added the ribbon and copper foil, it was NOT quick and easy.  But honestly, it was worth it.  Here is a close up of the card:


I forgot about some of these things, like the ruffled Emerald Envy ribbon and the copper thread.  And I really forgot how awesome this stamp set is with all its great trees and sentiments.  And how perfect is the stitched circle with the layered scallop?  Here is the inside:


I stamped another tree as well to fill up the space.  And I really love this sentiment.

If you want to see more awesome tree inspired projects, head over to SSI.  


No comments:

Post a Comment