Tuesday, February 16, 2016

A Very Hungry Caterpillar

I struggle with kids cards sometimes.  Mostly because I might make a super embellished fancy card and when those little hands get on it, it might not survive long enough for the parents to see it, and that can be sad.  But I know a little boy who is celebrating his first birthday soon...that is special.  And I happened to know the theme of the party, so I decided to make a very special theme appropriate card.  Check it out:


So yes, this card is bigger than a normal card.  I made it 5" by 7" to fit the fruit.  I used so much different product, I almost thing it might be a good guessing game to see if you can name the stamp set and tool that used.  The fruit is made from the Apple of My Eye.  


Oh, yeah...did I mention the caterpillar moves?  How fun right?  I received a swap at Convention over the summer with a moving card.  This was actually super easy to make.  All I will say is that this card is worth at least two cents!  Pennies are used to help the little guy crawl around to get his meal.  


I used some Cucumber Crush envelope paper and made some grass with the Fringe Scissors.  The sentiment comes from the Perfect Pairings Sale-A-Bration stamp set.  I had to add 1st since it is such a special birthday and that was easy using the Little Letters Framelits.   


The caterpillar was created by stamping the watercolor splotch from For All Things and then punching out 1" circles.  The antennae come from the tree punch.  And I made the eyes by using the large circles from the owl punch.   


For the inside, I just stamped the fun sun from the Over The Rainbow set because it looked like it would have come right from the story!  I added some washi tape to dress it up a little more.

I am so thrilled with how this came out!  I can't wait to give the card and celebrate this little man's birthday!  Thanks so much for looking!  For more Kid's Birthday card, head to SSI!



No comments:

Post a Comment