Wednesday, December 2, 2015

An Elegant Ornament

I have so many things to do now that December is here.  But I have to take some time to myself and do what I love and that is create. But today, I needed a little help, so I checked out two of my favorite challenge sites; Freshly Made Sketches and Color Throwdown.  Here are the challenges:



I was thrilled when this came together so quickly!  Here is my card:


Here I am using the Delicate Ornaments Bundle and the Winter Wonderland Vellum along with some Black Glimmer Paper, Gold Foil, Gold Glitter Ribbon and some Gold Cording trim.  The sentiment is embossed with gold embossing powder right onto the vellum.  I love when an idea you have just works!  

Although honestly, I did have one hiccup along the way.  When cutting Glimmer paper with your Big Shot, it has been suggested to flip it over so you cut the paper side on the back.  Well I tried that and this is what happened:


I took it as a sign to go a different direction.  But it did give me a laugh.  Thanks for checking out my project today!









4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card for both challenges! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and I loved the embossed sentiment on the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! You're sign to go in a different direction was spot on! This card is gorgeous. I love all the shimmer and shine! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love your use of the vellum papers. Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete