Tuesday, December 22, 2015

A Non-traditional Christmas Color Scheme

In the midst of Christmas Crafting and I feel like my reds and greens could use a break.  So I decided to bust out a pretty Blue, Brown and Cream color combo.  More Stampin' Up! specific, Pool Party, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla.  Here is a quick and easy card:


Okay, maybe it isn't quick and easy, given that there is stamping, framlits, ribbon and a button.  But it did come together super quick.  This was inspired by several samples I saw floating around Pintrest.  I love the tree framelits cutting out the corrugated paper and the music note paper.  I used some DSP from the Home For Christmas Suite.  After placing the trees, I knew I needed some ribbon up at the top.  I decided to go with layering the burlap along with the natural chevron ribbon.  I added a Classy Button with a Linen Thread bow to finish it all off.  Here is a peek inside:  


The sentiment is stamped in Soft Suede and I also added a tree stamped off the edge in Pool Party.  Here is how I decorated the envelope:


I heard someone say that they never allow naked envelopes, and I think with all the fabulous stamps and washi tape, I also need to adopt this idea.  I just stamped that tree in Pool Party on the side.

I love how fast this card came together.  I also love that the Perfect Pines bundle will be around after the Holiday Catalog retires.  It might be a great bundle to get AND earn Sale-A-Bration rewards come January!  And then you can start making Christmas card for next year!  For more unconventional color combos for your holiday cards check out SSI

No comments:

Post a Comment