Sunday, October 18, 2015

A Very Merry Card

When I saw the sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch, I had a good idea of what to do.  I decided to combine it with the color challenge over at Can You Case It.  Here are both challenges:



Here is my card:


I started out with a Sahara Sand card base and added an Early Espresso layer.  On the white layer I stamped some stars with Versa Mark and then embossed them with Iridescent Ice.  This is much easier to see in person.  Then I added 5 "merry's," in several shades of green; Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Wild Wasabi, Garden Green and Mossy Meadow.  I then embossed the deer in Early Espresso embossing powder onto some vellum and used some circle framelits to cut the circle out.  I added some gold thread under the circle for a little extra shine.  

Thanks for looking!   





6 comments:

  1. What a great card Jennifer! Love the ombre green tones and the deer embossed in Early Espresso is very eye catching! Thanks for joining us this week at CYCI! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Early Espresso embossing powder and gold shine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your multicoloured diecut words! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun a "merry" card! :-) Thanks for joining us at Can You Case It?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, beautifully done, really love the reindeer! Thanks for joining CYCI :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Jenny! Putting the reindeer on the vellum is great as is the many different shades of Merry! Thanks for joining us at CYCI!

    ReplyDelete